HP Pavilion g6-2303Tx Overheating solution

I just bought new laptop HP Pavilion g6-2303Tx. It have good configuration Intel I5, 4GB Ram, 1GB ATI graphics with OpenDOS. I preferred DOS because mostly i am use to with Linux based systems so that i can install Linux.

Now when i tried to install ubuntu 12.04 on this machine, my wi-fi, Ethernet drivers not worked. I tried many things but not worked well. I downloaded Ubuntu 13.04 and installed. My wi-fi and Ethernet drivers worked fine on ubuntu 13.04. Used my system for 1-2 days and then noticed that my laptop is getting overheated.

Overheating is not good for system health so i tried many solutions but not worked well. Then i found that in HP system graphics are automatically switchable so that when system need they automatically switch to external graphics. I noticed that in Ubuntu my both internal and external both graphics are default turned on. So that i finally found solution for this. I developed shell script for this issue.

Shell Script for overheating issue.

sudo chmod -R 705 /sys/kernel/debug
sudo chown -R username:username/sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo
sudo echo OFF > /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch

sudo tlp start

Note : Before execute this script run below commands. 
sudo apt-get -y install tlp tlp-rdw

Above command will install tlp which is power management tool. 

You can use psensor to get your system temperature. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Install postgresql

How to take ssh from windows machine of AWS Linux machine ?

Opencv installation guide